Monday, 31 December 2012

New year

The new year!
So I was asked to do a reflection, what has happened this year and what I expect from 2013,
 To be honest I don't know what I expect from 2013, just see what comes and roll with it I guess, I'm having an op in about February so I guess to be able to breathe better?;) hahaha! I don't know, I am doing this film so maybe meet some great new people, meet the CF trust and essentially keep in good health.
Obviously I have big ambitions like any teen girl but I have to face reality, I know I won't be marrying a member of one direction, even if my heart tells me otherwise.
But I can enjoy and support them in my own way.
So basically what I hope from 2013 is to keep in good health and take any opportunity that comes in my path, I never know what this film thing may lead too.

Reflection: Rubbish! Rubbish! Rubbish! Hahaha! I have missed so much school, its awful! I finally have managed to catch up, I hope! I have met some wonderful new people and made some new amazing friends, who have been a massive support! Seriously my best friends I haven't even known a year yet! :) After having 3 planned admissions and an op I can honestly say I'm feeling better and haven't felt as good in a long time. So in reflection I need to do my treatment it pains me to say it, but I need to. I know how much i hate it, but it will benefit me in the long run, I think to myself. Cicely when your older do you want a lung transplant? My answer is No. So I need to keep my lungs as healthy as possible! So that means treatment!! 

- Sorry that was probably really bad!

My Team
My CF team consists of my consultant, community nurse, physiotherapist and dietitian

My consultant is amazing. When I was younger we did things the way I wanted. He would tell me what he was doing when. Like when I had IV's line he'd tell me when the needle was going in and when he was threading it up and stuff! I didn't like all the secretive things.

My community nurse is lovely. She is always very caring and like my consultant goes with what I say more than anything

I have a new physiotherapist who is really nice, she is going to make an effort when I see my consultant to see me aswell to make sure I'm doing it properly as the physio I used to have like only visited me once a year. I wasn't complaining ;) But I did start getting into some bad habits.

My dietitian I see like once a year for my annual review. She is very helpful and knows what teens are like so works with me, she seems impressed at the moment.

I am also with a consultant at GOSH he is very nice too! We go up once a year to see him, he specializes more in my gut , he is organizing some test for next year, to see how much creon is actually working and also a bone density scan.

My Playlist
This week I have been listening to:
Ed Sheeran
- You need to cut your hair
- Two blokes and a double bass
- Lately
- Be like you
- Miss you
- And of course his songs in the album '+'
One Direction
- I would
- Heart attack
- Gotta be you
- Irresistible
- I want
- Summer Love
- Rock me

My Favorite Movies
I posted a status on facebook asking for ideas for the blog today, one reply was favorite films, so I thought why not? 
This is a list of my favorite films of all time. The ones that never get old.

- All of the Disney Classics
- Love Actually
- The Change up
- Bridesmaids
- The proposal
- Mumma Mia
Don't you love it when you get put on the spot, and every single film you have ever watched goes out of your head!


New look!
I hope you like the new look!
You can now share on twitter and facebook and there's a link to tweet me to! That takes you straight to my twitter!
- I'm also going to add a page of terms, things words I may use and you don't understand to help!


GET IN TOUCH

If you have any worries about what your going through or just want to discuss CF with me,

Any questions? - Tweet me @cicelymathews

SPREAD THE WORD


If you know anyone with CF please share this with them!:D It would mean a lot!
Also I will be posting what is happening (not just CF related) stay tuned!<3





Oh and Land rovers are cool ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment