Saturday, 20 April 2013

Sorry I have been posting for a while

Yes I know there has been a delay in posts because I was involved with my schools production of...
                                                  HAIRSPRAY!
We performed 4 nights in total and a dress rehearsal to a couple of primary schools, who didn't understand any of the jokes and really looked like they were enjoying themselves...(note the sarcasm)
I was in the corny crew, for anyone reading who doesn't know Hairspray (Go watch it!!) Its about a girl; Tracy Turnblad, an overweight high-school student whose only dream is to be on a local Baltimore teen dance program. While her father  tells her to follow her dreams, her mother Edna reminds her that she doesn't look like the girls on that show. After impressing the show's host, Tracy earns a coveted spot on the program, but when she becomes a popular addition to the cast, she earns the wrath of the prettiest girl in school -- a girl whose mother  just happens to operate the local television station. Tracy's visit to detention hall opens her eyes to the racial tension on the show, as does the budding relationship between her best friend and an African-American boy named Seaweed  Thus empowered, Tracy attempts to integrate the races on her favorite program.  
Synopsis by  ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi, from this website http://www.fandango.com/hairspray_v331045/plotsummary
- This synopsis is from the film, the stage show is slightly different but not a huge amount.
- Corny Crew& Dancers











But once again my CF decided it would be fun to take that week and make it hell!
On the Wednesday I was really ill and didn't go into school but just went in for the production on the Thursday they decided I should come into hospital which is usually an overnight situation!!
We spoke to my doctor and I was able to go home for the production but would have to be back at the hospital on the Friday.
So we got the needle in my port and the IV's all set up and ready to go. Dancing with a needle in was going to be interesting but I couldn't let the cast down!
I managed to do the shows which were great fun!
It was also quite funny because last year the same thing happened with our production of Bugsy Malone but because I didn't have a port in then, I couldn't do those shows!
But I was so happy I was able to do the production! It was amazing!

On Monday I have my prefect interview thinggy?! For the rest of my year it was on Friday but because we had to do this drama workshop as I do GCSE drama, i had to do that instead.
Wish me luck, haha! I'm really worried! Then we find out on Wednesday if we got prefect, then we go for something higher up, I'm still debating whether too or not!

Skiing
In the Easter holidays I went skiing, which was really fun, I managed to fall over after about 2 minuets on skiis because i had forgotten how to skii!
By the end of the week I was getting more confident I were doing a few 'jumps' i managed to get air several times and on the last run down, I managed to jump and land flat on my face because my skiis had on into the jump and then I still managed to launch myself up and into the snow, which bruised everything in my body, I swear!
- That was fun! hahaah!

Sinus Op
Still waiting for my sinus op, at least I have a date now of the 24th May.
I can't wait to have that all done ready for summer, I will be able to breather again! hahaha!"

Tweet me - @heyimcicely, with any questions or just for a chat!

Spread the word and Keep Well

Love to you all!xx







No comments:

Post a Comment